The stories in the award-winning fiction collection, Success: Stories, invite you into lives of characters caught in our increasingly intertwined world. The short stories offer a glimpse of human nature in many settings. The dramas come to life with humor and feeling. Prize-winning novelist Caroline Leavitt writes of these stories, “Taylor unpeels the lives and loves of ordinary people to reveal nuggets of extraordinary truths…Deceptively spare and absolutely unforgettable.”
Learn more »
More Short Fiction
- That Red Vest – in The MacGuffin.
- Lovely, Dark and Deep – in Gargoyle #61, Summer 2014.
- Butterworth – in Barrelhouse magazine’s 2013 Beach Reads issue.
- Bingo – in Washington City Paper‘s first Fiction Issue, January 2013.
- In the Garden – in Arabesques.
- May Day – in The Jabberwock Review.
- Pelagro – in Eclectica, and in the anthology, Eclectica’s Best Fiction, Volume One.
Buy the book. Reviewers call Pelagro a “tightly composed and satisfying story,… equally compelling in dealing with the complexities of one’s limitations and failures, within the context of a father and son relationship.”
- Monsters – in Pindeldyboz. Named a Notable Online Story by Story South in its Million Writers Award.
- Errand – in Eclectica. Named a Notable Online Story of 2004 in the Million Writers Award.
- Trade Show – appeared in Wind, Issue 91.
- Child Thief – in Potomac Review #34.
- Bottle – in Zone 3, Spring/Summer 2002, if you can find it.
- Electrolysis – in Main Street Rag, Summer 2003.