- A Veteran Considers: Frank DiCara recalls his path back from the Pacific after World War II and what a chance encounter means. Baltimore Sun
- Ahmet Ertegun’s Coming of Age in Music: The Washington Post
- The Wild Man at the Center of the World: Something happened when the poet Joaquin Miller built a cabin in the heart of the nation’s capital. Washington Post
- Albert Murray’s Magical Youth: A conversation with the writer at home in Harlem. Southern Cultures
- Percy Julian, Against the Odds: Humanities magazine
- Monk on a Mission: An unorthodox Buddhist monk on the border with Burma shows abandoned children the power of kick-boxing and their own choices. Tricycle.
- Tracking Caribou: From the Elders to Hi-Tech: Américas magazine